It’s that time of year again…Holiday Fitness Challenge at the Hosaeus Fitness Center!
Come join in the Holiday fun and stay active and healthy from Thanksgiving through New Years.
With the dropping temperatures out falls fluffy white stuff from the sky, one of the main reasons most of us choose to inhabit this beautiful state, snow. As the snow covers the ground surfaces become less stable and we need to be cautious when we walk, choosing our steps and footwear carefully. The Center of Disease Control and Prevention says 1 in 3 adults over the age of 65 will fall this year. Adding balance exercises into our daily routine can help decrease the chance of falling on these slick surfaces.
Try adding these basic exercises into your routine
1. Stand on both legs closing one eye at a time them both eyes
2. Stand on one leg then progress to closing one eye at a time them both eyes
3. Progress up to doing these exercises on an unstable surface such as a Bosu or a Dina disc
Need help with a balance training routine, ask one of our certified personal trainers for assistance!
Join us for boot camp on Monday and Wednesday mornings at 7am. Click on the link below for more information!
Why Push Ups?
- Push Ups are great for your chest, shoulders, triceps, back and abs.
- Push Ups can be performed anywhere, no equipment required.
- Check out the free workshop to learn many different push up variations.
FIND THE PUSH UP CALENDAR ON OUR WEBSITE AND FACEBOOK PAGE.
1.Start with 15 push ups on the first week. Add 5 push ups each week. Do a
few push ups each day to meet the weekly number.
2. Write down the number of push ups you do each day.
3. Turn in your calendar at the end of the month to a Fit Staff member.
How to perform a push up.