The Red Cross is in dire need of blood this summer. Come donate blood July 16th 8:30am-2:15pm at Montana State University fitness center.
Check out MUS Wellness post on impressive stats on how fit soccer players are!
This fun, active bootcamp has been changed to start June 24 and go 4 weeks through July 17th. Tuesdays & Thursdays 8am-9am.
Spots still available…sign up soon!
- Maybe try a new vegetable and fruit each month
- Farmer’s Market at Bogart Park starts June 3rd at 5pm!
- Participate in a local Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) with some friends and get fresh produce each month
- Roll up your sleeves and volunteer for Gallatin Valley Farm to School Program (or give a donation)
Go get yourself some!
AVOID THE CUMULATIVE INJURY CYCLE!
Here are My top 4 rules for injury prevention:
Everything in the human body needs to be balanced
- Daily balance of stretching and mobility drills on our TIGHT and PAINFUL areas. Forget the areas that don’t bother you and the areas that are easy to stretch!
- Balance of strength is a must. If you can bench 300lbs but cannot properly squat 150lbs, then we have a huge problem. Stop benching and work on your weak areas.
- Follow an Integrated training program that includes Core, Balance, Plyo’s, Agility, Resistance, and Cardio Conditioning. Again focus more on areas of weakness FIRST.
- If you encounter an injury, first priority is to follow the R.I.C.E. protocol: Rest (Stop doing anything that irritates the injured site), Ice (20min on, 20min off 3-5xday), Compress and Elevate the injured area while you ice.
Get in touch with me for any additional info or questions!